Tasks and resources for explorers
1. Have a look at these digital tools:
- MentionMapp: which helps you discover relationships between hashtags, networks of tweeters, and the like.
- Polygraph.info: project of the Broadcasting Board of Governors that monitors the spread of disinformation globally and offers fact-checks of trending articles.
- Botometer: a project of Indiana University researchers that scores Twitter accounts for bot-like behaviour.
2. Also, this toolkit by Start Me collects online readings and resources to get you and your newsroom started with online social newsgathering, verification and responsible reporting.
3. Finally, this article from MIT Technology Review, offers interesting alternatives to filter bubbles, namely: Social Mirror, FlipFeed.
Last modified: Tuesday, 14 June 2022, 4:16 PM