[EN] Introduction to module 4
Introduction to Module 4
We are now reaching the end of this journey, and we are sure that you
are eager to see what is coming up in our final module, where we have a
series of questions and reflections that will make us think about how
we can live in diversity.
- In the first unit, we will explore the link between a person’s level of religiosity and their openness to intercultural relations.
- In the second unit, we will discuss how much we mind having a person from a different cultural background as a work colleague, neighbour, classmates of our children, or one of your close relatives marrying someone from a different cultural background.
- The third unit discusses some complex contemporary issues, such as how to contrast radicalisation using alternatives like exchange programmes involving people across the Mediterranean; cultural and artistic initiatives; media training for cross-cultural reporting; training of governmental professionals and non-governmental actors in diversity management and radicalisation prevention; education and youth programmes to foster youth-led dialogue initiatives and support of youth participation in public life.
- Finally, the last unit of this course focuses on how to live together in multicultural environments, explores the emerging intercultural policy paradigm where cultural and religious diversity could be seen as a competitive advantage for Euro-Mediterranean cities is explored.
Learning OutcomesFinally, once completed the last module, and after reviewing the observations carried out by different scholars and practitioners in light of the findings of the Anna Lindh Survey on Intercultural Trends in the Euro-Mediterranean region, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact of religion on people’s point of view about how they feel when a person from a different cultural or religious background enters their life.
- Comprehend which actions can be efficient to contrast radicalisation.
- Evaluate how cities can better deal with multicultural issues.
- Appraise guidance for cross-cultural and diversity management and radicalisation prevention.
آخر تعديل: الأربعاء، 17 نوفمبر 2021، 2:50