[EN] Introduction to Module 1
Introduction to Module 1
Have you ever thought what makes a region? What can be common traits of a region? Which are the most representative characteristics of the Euro-Mediterranean region?
In this first module, you will learn about the structure of the course, the perceptions about common values, attitudes, interests and expectations of people on both shores of the Mediterranean.
- In the first unit, the discussion will focus on commonalities and divergences of views on the characteristics of the EuroMed region.
- In the second unit, we will try to understand where people would like to start a new life or simply to live, as sometimes perceptions or ideas differ from the evidence.
- In the third unit, we will look into the level of interest people have to know more about life on the other shore of the Mediterranean and how people from both shores inform themselves through different media channels.
- Finally, in unit four, we will look into how cooperation between shores can enable positive societal gains.
By the end of this module, after exploring some of the Intercultural Trends Survey results in the Euro-Mediterranean region that will be presented alongside an in-depth analysis undertaken by different scholars and practitioners, you will be able to:
- Navigate through the structure and management of the course.
- Comprehend the data presented in the Intercultural Trends Survey results in the Euro-Mediterranean region and its in-depth analysis undertaken by experts.
- Understand which are considered the shared values, attitudes and interests of those living in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Understand how cooperation between shores can enable positive societal gains.